Re: [Shop-talk] recommend a portable bandsaw

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] recommend a portable bandsaw
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 20:47:01 -0600
Sounds stupid but "another HF". I have one and other than I took it apart
and
made sure that it had real grease in it rather than the stuff that was in
there that
had turned quite hard - and the fact that it makes a lot of noise - it seems
to have
held up quite well. I follow their advice and relieve the blade tension when
I am
not using it, but other than that I've had good luck with it.

Given that the Milwaukee is $300 at NorthernTool I an planning on going thru
three more HF saws if this one ever gives out.

I will qualify the recommendation - if you want to actually call it that -
with a
"I don't use it every day" and "I bought some non-HF blades to put in it"
disclaimer.

Arvid