[Shop-talk] Blower for woodstove, and ouside combustion air

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Blower for woodstove, and ouside combustion air
From: "cornerexit" <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:06:11 -0700
Hello,

Blower motor:

I have an epa close clearance woodstove in my shop that I'd like to ad a
blower to, see picture in link. The factory offers a standard blower that is
130cfm and costs $300+ dollars. I'm thinking I can get a blower motor for
less than that and manufacture any duct work required. As you can see in the
picture there is only about 6" between the back of the stove and the wall to
mount a blower.

Where should I look for a blower motor for this application?

Outside combustion air:

I'm also considering adding outside combustion air for this stove. As you
can see from the picture the combustion air is drawn up through a hole in
the bottom of the stove. This hole is a little under 4" diameter circle. I
should be able to put some sort of 90 on there and run straight out the back
wall, and then put some sort of grill/screen that will prevent water from
getting in while it is running down the surface of the exterior wall.

What are my options for ducting material in this application?

http://jacksonii.smugmug.com/photos/390265003_a4n8N-M.jpg

Thanks

Wayne