Re: [Shop-talk] Oil grade selection

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Oil grade selection
From: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 13:23:19 -0400
We have a couple of VW TDIs and they call for 10,000 mile oil changes.
 On the older of the two I've done 10k mile changes with synthetic
Rotella oil and it has 243,000+ miles on it and still burn oil.  I got
51.2 mpg on the last tank in that car too.

I use the same oil in my Elise but do the changes every 7500 miles or
once a year (whichever comes first).

I'm a firm believer in reading the manual and seeing what the guys
that built it say I should use.

-Paul