Re: [Shop-talk] Garage attic sealing

To: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>, "John T. Blair"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage attic sealing
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 03:04:33 +0000
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
> could you make a cover for the opening (in the attic space) that could be
> hinged where you could open it like a door as you climbed the stairs... and
> close it as you leave... ??  instead or sliding or rolling it out of the
> way.

That's what I have on my full-size stairway in my house.  The large insulated
hatch that covers the attic stairway is counterweighted via cable and two
pulleys.

62 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 07 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, 93 Suburban, 94 Miata C-package,
79 Caterham 7
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier