Re: [Shop-talk] Garage attic sealing

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage attic sealing
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 15:50:23 -0400
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 3:24 PM, John T. Blair <jblair1948@cox.net> wrote:

> 2. Why not get a piece of 1/2" ply and make a sliding/rooling
> door.  As you go up
> the stairs, you could reach up and slide the door over to one side.  Then when
> you're done just slide it back over top of the hole.

We've got an attic access in the attached garage.  The hole is covered
with a piece of plywood (probably only 3/16 or 1/4") with a piece of
styrofoam insulation.  It's only about 3 feet square, though.  One the
size he needs would weigh more than i'd want ot move.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com