[Shop-talk] Antennae

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Antennae
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 12:18:45 -0400 (EDT)
    I have an FM radio in my garage, with a simple wire antenna.  I used to
get fine reception, until I insulated the ceiling with those
styrofoam-like boards with one side of metallic film.  Since I put those
up, I can barely get one station.

    I do have an old TV antenna on the roof, however, that I never use (
satellite ) and never plan to use again.  Can I use this to improve my FM
reception?  Is it as easy as extending the current wire antenna up to the
roof antenna?

    Thanks.

--
  David Hillman
  - doesn't really understand how antennae work