[Shop-talk] coil spring isolators

To: 'Shop-Talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] coil spring isolators
From: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:56:24 -0700
I'm having the springs replaced because they were shot and while
removing the springs the spring isolator pads disintegrated.  I've been
searching for days trying to find replacement front coil spring
isolators for our 1974  Chevy P30 chassis motorhome.

The coil springs are 5-3/8 OD x 3-3/4 ID.  I tried several parts stores
and they didn't have a clue.  I've tried one of the better suspension
shops here and they told me to go to the Chevy dealer as they are a
dealer only item.  I've called the Chevy dealer and they told me the
parts were no longer available.  They couldn't even give me a part
number.

So, would anyone have an idea or suggestion as to where I can find these
things?  I hate to put things back together with metal to metal contact.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad