Re: [Shop-talk] Squirrel in basement

To: "Shop Talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Squirrel in basement
From: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 14:50:31 -0400
I'm going to disagree with Phil here.  Those sticky traps are
incredibly cruel.  We used them a lot in the basement of a very old
downtown building I worked in in High School and a bit in college.  I
would sometimes find them with a leg stuck in them because the rodent
would chew off its leg to get free.  Or I'd find them with the poor
thing stuck completely flat on the trap missing tons of fur because it
had struggled halfway across.  It could free itself by ripping out the
glued down fur, then when it ran out of fur it was immobilized.

I understand why the mice/rats/squirrels need to be exterminated, but
in my observations the sticky traps cause a ton of suffering.  I know
I'm a big softy but I think it's worth considering.

-Paul