Re: [Shop-talk] Storing tie-downs

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Storing tie-downs
From: "Nolan" <opposumking@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 05:24:08 -0400
Ratchet straps get stored by bundling.  I run the strap through the ratchet
about half way, then wrap the strap around the ratchet, encasing the short
stub strap that is attached to the ratchet.  Once it's all wrapped, I pop a
rubber band around it all.  I carry about 8 this way in the truck at any one
time.  Very easy to grab and use.

Bungies I carry hooked to the seat springs on the back of the bench seat, if
possible.  One of these days I might get around to making a little mounting
card for them out of some pegboard material or such.  Again, very easy to
grab and use.

The bed cover net gets wadded into its storage pouch.  Some day I'll
actually get around to marking the corners of the net so I can position it
correctly from the get go when I actually use it.