Re: [Shop-talk] [Spits] Rusty Panel treatment

To: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>, Shop-Talk List
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] [Spits] Rusty Panel treatment
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:31:23 -0700 (PDT)
You really ought to get it sandblasted or
bead-blasted, since it is already separate from the
vehicle.

If you really can't do that, you could sand off most
of the rust, and use a phosphoric acid based product
to deal with the rest.  If you do this, you can
probably prime it with epoxy primer and not have to
mess with "rust encapsulator" type products.

Doug