[Shop-talk] church keys

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] church keys
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:27:16 -0400
 > BTW, only us old-pharts know why you described the tool as like a
 > "beer can opener"...

You mean a church key?

Yeah!  I was just thinking that.  Actually have one in the desk drawer
here at the computer for just such a purpose.  Simplistic die-stamped
metal with a crappy chroming.  "International Breweries, Inc." with some
brews named "Frankenmuth" "Old Dutch" and others.  Them internets
suggest IBI went out of biz in 1966 or 67, so it's gotta be older then
me, but I'd already figured that.  I think Dad used to open oil
containers with it back when it came in cans.

Looks like you can still procure them on Ebay, if someone swiped yours.

   -Wayne