[Shop-talk] 2 by's for truck ramp

To: "Skip Albright" <salbrigh@nycap.rr.com>, "shop-talk"
Subject: [Shop-talk] 2 by's for truck ramp
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:25:39 -0500
I don't know that 2x12s are that much stronger than 2x10s... if you're
planning on a significant load I'd bolt on some runners of 2x2x1/4" angle
iron on each side of the ramps...since you're not going to be carrying them
far, probably just dragging them out of the bed...weight wouldn't be a
problem... and the angle iron would decrease the bow of plain 2by lumber...

john

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.