Re: [Shop-talk] 2 by's for truck ramp

To: salbrigh@nycap.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] 2 by's for truck ramp
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 00:51:19 GMT
I have a pair of good 2x12s I keep in the back of my one ton Dodge.  It has
come in handy for loading motorcycles, ATVs, lawn tractors, and numerous other
non-wheeled loads.  I had similar planks for loading my autox SPitfire on the
trailer and when I became alarmed at the bowing I observed, I glued & screwed
a 2X4 onto each as a stiffening web and it is much better.  For even heavier
weight, you could use 2 or even 3 2x4's  -  Of course the ramp would be
getting pretty heavy by then!
Matt

-- Skip Albright <salbrigh@nycap.rr.com> wrote:
Seems like an easy choice, but maybe not.

I need to have a couple 2 by's for a ramp to my pickup.

No particular load, but could be pretty heavy .

  last week it was a model A frame and axles.

2 x 10? 2 x 12?  are wider boards stronger?

eight foot box so that limits the length to 8 feet.

anyone have an opinion?

Skip
You are subscribed as mbarre@juno.com

Click to consolidate your debt in minutes, stop late or over-limit fees, pay
less.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3m2bknPohk9S7dsHMqn1DwxmSid
TAnucNrXlr1GqncrZ0Hrg/