Re: [Shop-talk] painting with hvlp ??

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] painting with hvlp ??
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 15:32:25 -0700
Oh, about $300. :-)

A HVLP gun reduces the air pressure within the body of the gun to a
lower level, producing less overspray.  This also means that the
mechanism to feed the paint to the nozzle has to be different.  That's
about it, as far as I know.  There may be differences in the orifice
design to get the diffusion desired with lower pressure.  The
differences would mostly be subtle.

HF vs high end?  quality control, ease of maintenance, durability,
pattern uniformity perhaps.  At least I would hope so, Doug.

-Roland