Re: [Shop-talk] dust in engine?

To: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>,<shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dust in engine?
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 16:37:58 -0400
At 02:11 PM 8/3/2008, old dirtbeard wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>So I screwed up -- I rebuilt my '74 TR6 engine from the ground up (crank
>grind, balanced, magnafluxed, new cam, valves, pistons, rockers, rocker shaft,
>oil pump, etc.) about two years ago.It was all done with assembly lube and
>coated with oil.

I'd be far more concerned about lube on the cam than some dust in the
cylinders.  I'd bet the cam lube has mostly run off, so I'd recommend
re-lubing it.  You can apply more lube with a small flux brush on a
long stick.  Don't ask me how I know this.  (Isky recommended a
re-lube after my engine had been sitting for a year - it that point
it was already in the car :-(  ).

hth

jim

--