Re: [Shop-talk] Pressure washers

To: <nogera@worldnet.att.net>, "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Pressure washers
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:53:26 -0700
> Any suggestions as to what to get?   Like I said I'm not
> looking for the
> Hemi of pressure washers but rather the Toyota of pressure washers,
> something that will last .

I've likewise been happy with the Excel brand unit I've had for about 5
years now.  The pump seals have started leaking a little (likely a result of
my trying to feed it hot water) but otherwise it works well.  This year I
had to pull the valve apart on the 'adjustable' wand to clean and lube it.

Not sure what brand motor offhand, probably a B&S 6hp vertical shaft.  Has a
sliding control for the governor (with cute little rabbit and turtle icons),
but I always run it at max.

ISTR it's rated something like 1800 psi and 2 gpm (or 3600 "cleaning
units").

Randall