[Shop-talk] 18v battery dead? Reviveable?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] 18v battery dead? Reviveable?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 11:37:51 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

So I managed to leave my 18v NiCAD milwaukee light on, which of course
drained the battery dead.  The battery is fairly new, it was one of the
ones from the recall a little while back.

Anyway, now the battery won't charge.  I seem to recall something
somewhere saying that if you drain it all the way dead, the charger won't
recognize the battery on there and won't try to charge it?

Is that right?  How do I convince it to try charging anyway?

Or, did I just really kill this battery and I should write it off?

Thanks!

Mark