Re: [Shop-talk] Reciprocating saw recommendations

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Reciprocating saw recommendations
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 22:38:39 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 7 May 2008, Drew Rogge wrote:
> I'm going to be taking down an old redwood deck soon and I'm going to
> take advantage of the opportunity to pick up a reciprocating saw. Does
> anyone have recommendations on which one to buy? I'm leaning towards a
> Milwaukee Super Sawzall but am open to other suggestions.

I've got both a nice DeWalt as well as a cheapie harbor freight one I got
when I needed a sawzall and someone had my DeWalt.

If my eyes were closed, there's not much difference between them.  If
you're a pro and you're going to use it day in and day out, need to be
able to get it repaired, can't take a chance on a bad one you need to
exchange, etc...  Get the Milwaukee.

But if not... I'd save the money.

Mark