Re: [Shop-talk] briggs&stratton help

To: "'shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] briggs&stratton help
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 22:05:06 -0700
> Before I start tearing this thing apart do we
> have any B&S experts that can give me some suggestions/common
> problems/remedies ??

I'm no expert, John, but I'd sure want to try spinning the motor with the
plug out, but connected to the wire and touching the cylinder head; to see
if there is a spark.

Went through something similar recently with what I believe is an old
Tecumseh (with the Sears logo on it) ... for some reason it wouldn't fire
the "starting fluid" I got at Kragen (which doesn't appear to be ether any
more), but would run on "carb cleaner".  Problem turned out to be hard,
white crud in the main jet passage in the carburetor.

Randall