[Shop-talk] briggs&stratton help

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] briggs&stratton help
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 20:19:46 -0500
well the mower is in my shop...relevance part.

6.5 hp B&S intertec horizontal shaft engine.. three or so years old.  Always
has cranked on 2nd or 3rd pull after winter storage.  At end of season I run
all the gas out of it and store it with dry carb.

Tried it this year... no start... even with ether.  Changed the plug...
still no start.  It has a solid state module bolted to the sheet metal that
doesn't look damaged (it's pretty well protected.)  Before I start tearing
this thing apart do we have any B&S experts that can give me some
suggestions/common problems/remedies ??  Can you check the module ??  There
is a plastic on/off switch built into the engine sheet metal and I haven't
started tearing it down yet so I haven't checked that...

help ???

john

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.