[Shop-talk] lifts (was: jack stands)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] lifts (was: jack stands)
From: "Mark Miller" <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:49:46 -0700
I've always been intrigued by these:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=33795

Anyone have one?  Or better yet, a pair to make a low rise lift?  And yes, I
think a set of very well made jack stands would make a lot of sense with
them.

I am embarrassed to say, but I bought a 4 post lift (spin: but honey, it's
way cheaper to make a tall one car garage and buy a lift than build a 2 car
garage), didn't get it installed right away due to family emergencies, and
it is now buried in the crap in my garage.  This summer the garage will be
cleaned out, it will get assembled, and I will love it.  And can plop two
cars in the small garage.

Mark Miller
Sebastopol, CA