[Shop-talk] a question on portable air tanks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] a question on portable air tanks
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:49:03 +0100
I have an 11 gal portable air tank, think it came from Northern Tools
last century, which gets used for the sort of thing such things get used
for. Looking at the underside the other day I noticed  " Discard after
Mar 2007" stamped in the metal. Are the manufacturers covering
themselves against abuse and neglect or do these things have a
measurable lifespan? FWIW I drain it off after each use with an open
ended hose in an inverted position, hoping to shift any build up of
condensation.

Any experience or opinions received with interest.

Nick Brearley