Re: [Shop-talk] jack stands

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] jack stands
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 11:01:50 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

IIRC, Sam's Club had Goodyear brand silver jackstands that had little
triangular plates welded to the bottom of the legs.  Not so big that they
made the stand unstable, but big enough that it didn't dig into asphalt.

Seems like it'd be an easy job to do that yourself with any generic set of
jackstands from HF or whatever.

Personally, I wouldn't own a jackstand that didn't have the ability to
ratchet up into place (at least, for general usage).

Mark