[Shop-talk] jack stands

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] jack stands
From: Robert Bender <rbender9@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:22:01 -0700 (PDT)
I need to buy a couple of pairs of new jack stands.  I want something with a
flat bottom to the feet, so they don't gouge up my painted garage floor, or
sink into an asphalt driveway.  I like the kind that have rubber bumpers to
slip over the seat, and the ratcheting type seems useful.   I've been looking
through the archives, but haven't found much discussion.  Any strong
preferences, dislikes or recommendations out there?  Does anyone have a brand
or type they recommend?
 Thanks,
 Bob