Re: [Shop-talk] Staining a new wood fence

To: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Staining a new wood fence
From: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:49:28 -0500
I won't have the chance to do that before it's put up or I would do that.
The guys are removing the old fence remains and setting the posts today.
They will build the fence Thursday.  It's only 118 ft, so it's not that big
of a job.  Staining before building would certainly be the best way to
ensure coverage (short of somehow dipping them).

We got lucky that we called first thing in the morning after the damage and
had a guy (he built our pergolas).  About 1 in 7 in my neighborhood alone
lost panels, and most of my neighbors haven't been able to even get anyone
out to do estimates yet.

I hadn't thought about a roller.  That should work on the outside (without
the rails and posts).