[Shop-talk] Here's your chance to wade in on a family argument.....

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Here's your chance to wade in on a family argument.....
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 10:35:47 -0400
 and not get any bruises.

My wife has populated every room in the house with these little devices that
plug into an outlet. They have a little red led and an opening that looks
like a tiny speaker. According to her, they are for keeping insects and
rodents away. I personally believe (and have told her so, at risk of bodily
harm, a number of times) that the only thing that I think they keep away is
elephants. ......at that, they are very successful. We have never suffered
from an infestation of elephants since she has been using them.

So, does anybody really know what is inside of those things and what they
really do?