Re: [Shop-talk] riding mower gas fumes

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] riding mower gas fumes
From: Ron Horwitz <ronglue@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 06:02:46 -0700 (PDT)
I had a 2001 (?) DLT2000 that was flawless till last
season when it started filling the garage with gas
fumes.  On mine the tank started leaking at the seam,
in a not too obvious place.  I found a site called
gardenweb (?) that had a riding mower forum, and this
was apparently a common Sears problem.  Upon their
advice, I took the entire metal deck off - not too
many fasteners, and less daunting than it seems.  Much
better than trying to snake the tank out.

You might at least take the body off so that you can
see the whole tank to make sure you don't see any wet
spots.  New one was approx $50.

Mine was a little different - the filler was centered
on the tank under the seat, and the mower was a little
older, but your story sounds very familiar.  Mine
started faint and just kept getting worse.

Ron