Re: [Shop-talk] LCD Picture Frames (slightly shop related)

To: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] LCD Picture Frames (slightly shop related)
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:30:16 -0500
Paul Parkanzky wrote:

> First place I looked.  I don't have that tab.  Must be
> something our IT people remove for some reason.  Our
> computers lock automatically after a short period of time.
> Disabling the screensaver must be part of that deal.

I don't have such a tab either.

But I just right click on a blank spot of the desktop, and select
"Properties" on the menu that pops up.

Then on the "Display Properties" window that pops up, select the "Screen
Saver" tab.

Under "Screen saver" should be a pull down list of available screen
savers.
Click the down arrow, and hopefully, there will be a selection that says
"My Pictures Slideshow".  Select it, then click the "Settings" button
and point it to the directory where you have your photos...

Our systems are set to force us to have a screen saver to "lock" our
computers (need a password to get back on), but they allow us to pick
our own screen saver (can't change the time out or anything)...

Tim Mullen