Re: [Shop-talk] Fabric for gravel driveway

To: "cornerexit" <cornerexit@gmail.com>, "'Shop Talk'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fabric for gravel driveway
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 16:12:17 -0800
At 03:00 PM 3/2/2008 -0800, cornerexit wrote:
>I need to put in a couple of gravel driveways on a couple of pieces of
>property this summer and was wondering what the fabric is that's used as an
>underlayment is called?  Geo something?  Somebody told me they use "dryer
>felt"? What the heck is dryer felt?

I didn't think that fabric was used under driveways.  In the past, I've used
filter cloth for footing drains and weed block for landscaping.  In my
neighborhood, there's a lumberyard that's only open M-F 7-5.  That's
where I go when I want to know what the local professionals are doing.

Pretty fun place to visit, the guys who work there are kind of proud that
their hours of business determines what kind of customer they serve.
I sent a girlfriend to run an errand for me and apparently they were
quite rude.