[Shop-talk] looking for small light bulbs

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] looking for small light bulbs
From: Matt Trebelhorn <matt.lists@trebelhorn.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 14:31:36 -0500
I don't have a part number or a spec -- these are light bulbs that go
inside switches in a 95 Volkswagen.  Dealers will sell a new switch
for $160; vwvortex will tell me "dude! that's a bummer!".

So if I'm looking for a little bulb, where should I go?

It's a very small bulb -- not an LED; two leads sticking out the
bottom, about 3/4" long.  It's soldered to the switch.

If I had to guess on specs, I'd say 12v/1w 12v/.5w; though it could
be even lower wattage.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Matt