Re: [Shop-talk] ABS fuse (was: ...Suburban issues)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] ABS fuse (was: ...Suburban issues)
From: "scottmryan" <scottmryan@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:05:14 -0600
Hmmm, I would guess that chrysler has been sued for such a system? I have to
say on mine I had the service manual, and had the ABS computer loose, and
was also testing it with the engine running in gear and all 4 wheels off the
ground, so I did not expect to have any problems with it. (there are also 3
fuses on the audi ABS system; one for the abs computer, one for the
solinoids, and one for the motor that can apply the brakes for traction
control; I have the abs computer fuse pulled)

Saturn does do something similar (to chrysler) that's really stupid on thier
automatics, the solinoids turn off the gears when they turn on. (can have
1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th on at the same time; if the solinoid fuses blow while
moving, or the engine/trans computer resets while moving (this happened to
us; I'm amazed it didn't snap off gear teeth) two or more gears can engage
at the same time. (trans and wheels stop moving!))

Listen to Phil, check out your abs system before pulling fuses! Scott R
<snip>
From: pethier@comcast.net