Re: [Shop-talk] Fastening wall sections to tile floor?

To: cornerexit <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fastening wall sections to tile floor?
From: James F Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:52:50 -0500
Wayne:

For a non-load-bearing wall, simple partition, you won't need much to
hold it in place.  I would drill through the tile to prevent cracking,
then drill further in to the concrete to put a lead anchor.  I have done
this on concrete floors to make semi-permanent partitions that can be
readily removed when necessary (but are still in place some 15 years
later.)  The length of the anchor itself isn't an issue.  It can be the
usual length that is flush with the top of the concrete, not the tile,
and so a longer lag bolt is used to hold down the 2x4.  On an 8 foot
span, 2 anchors have been enough to keep it securely in place.  Top is
screwed to the joists.

Jim