Re: [Shop-talk] a(nother) plumbing question

To: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] a(nother) plumbing question
From: "Carl Lindahl" <carl.r.lindahl@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 15:27:52 -0500
Where I live I have been looking at new construction in the city. Even the
largest house I looked at only had a 3/4" water connection coming from the
city, this house was over 10,000 sqFT with I believe 7 bathrooms total, and
a master bedroom / bathroom that was definatly overkill.

I would agree with the opinion that you need to fix the pressure first,
before addressing anything else. You can easily insulate 1" or greater
piping, and if you step up from the stuff at Home Depot / Lowes to more
industrial steam and chilled water insulation, you can keep ALOT of the heat
in the pipe.

If you choose PVC as the material to use do not use just PVC, choose CPVC
because they are indeed different, and at temperature / pressure, I believe
CPVC is rated for hot (er) water.