Re: [Shop-talk] #!@#*@* Cordless Drill Batteries!!!

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] #!@#*@* Cordless Drill Batteries!!!
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:36:51 -0500
I have a 10+year old Craftsman "commercial grade" drill that had the
feature of a very heavy duty charger that would charge the battery in
less than an hour.  With 2 batteries I could work all day with it.  The
batteries from Sears are more expensive than their current drills with 2
batteries, so I rebuilt one of the packs wih cells from
"onlybatteries.com". I upgraded the amp ratings and put in NiMH instead
of the NiCD.  Works great, and I'm about to buy more to rebuild the
second pack.  Not all that difficult to do provided you have a heavy
enough soldering iron to properly heat and solder the tabs together.
This supplier has a variety of batteries available with various tab
arrangements, and frequent sale specials.