Re: [Shop-talk] Clearance Lights

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Clearance Lights
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:45:39 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Jim Juhas wrote:
> My wife was convinced that getting something bigger would be better.
> (Hmmmm.)  I lucked out with a no-frills 2007 F250 with 4WD, vinyl split
> seats, no power things/accessories like windows or mirrors, but the 5.4L
> engine, trailer towing package, built in brake controller, western-style
> telescoping mirrors, all for barely more than a 2 to 3 year old used one
> would cost, this one being a repossession with less than 2,000 miles.  9,700
> # towing capacity!

    I can relate, I just bought my '07 F150 FX4 earlier this year, also
lightly-used and a lot cheaper than a new one.  It's pretty fancy
( leather, console shifter, power slider and everything else ) but still
has a 9300 pound rating.

    Actual useful content follows -> If anyone happens to be shopping for a
tow vehicle, the Trailer Life Towing Guides are a priceless resource.

        http://www.trailerlife.com/output.cfm?id=42175

    Will keep you from doing something silly, like buying an F250 with the
wrong axle, and getting 1,000 pound lower rating than an F150.

--
  David Hillman