Re: [Shop-talk] Clearance Lights

To: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Clearance Lights
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:13:10 -0500
Well, it's like this.  My new racing activities called for a replacement
of my 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 which, in spite of having a 360 cid engine,
simply did not like the long haul out to Pocono or Watkins glen.  And at
110,000 miles, it was time.

My wife was convinced that getting something bigger would be better.
(Hmmmm.)  I lucked out with a no-frills 2007 F250 with 4WD, vinyl split
seats, no power things/accessories like windows or mirrors, but the 5.4L
engine, trailer towing package, built in brake controller, western-style
telescoping mirrors, all for barely more than a 2 to 3 year old used one
would cost, this one being a repossession with less than 2,000 miles.
9,700 # towing capacity!

So, I was lucky.  And it came with the clearance lights on the cab for
an extra $55.  Those would not have been on my "must have" list because
I never knew what purpose they served.  Now I think I know why I never
knew: they have no real purpose.

Jim Juhas
Vintage Racer and cheapskate F250 owner