Re: [Shop-talk] wheel balancers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] wheel balancers
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:52:45 -0800
> It looks basically like all the wheel balancers I've used at friend's
> shops in the past, but I'm wondering what all the differences
> are between
> a higher end balancer and a cheap one like this.

I don't know, but I do know it's important to check that it can grip your
wheels properly.  By default, most balancers grip the wheels by the center
hole, which sometimes isn't accurate, especially for British wire wheels.
There are also other vehicles around that center the wheels by the mounting
holes rather than the center hole (so the balancer needs to center with the
mounting holes as well).

Randall