Re: [Shop-talk] Electrostatic filters?

To: "Bob Kegel" <bobkegel@seanet.com>, "'David C.'"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electrostatic filters?
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 04:43:47 +0000
From: "Bob Kegel" <bobkegel@seanet.com>
> Our previous house had forced air heat with a Honeywell Electronic Air
> Cleaner. I recommend it highly. Where now we battle dust daily (or should)
> in the old place we only needed to dust if a mother-in-law was coming for a
> visit.  The cells are nasty to clean, try running them through the
> dishwasher, hung from the underside of the top rack.
>
> Bob Kegel

We put ours in the dishwasher on top of the bottom rack.  The secret to
protecting them is to:
Put plastic tumblers over a few of the "spikes" in the bottom rack.
Place the cleaner unit on top of the tumblers so that the side with the fragile
little wires faces up.

This was recommended by the service center in Robbinsdale Minnesota, and the
guy seems to know what he is doing.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,