Re: [Shop-talk] Electrostatic filters?

To: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>,
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Electrostatic filters?
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:36:19 -0600
> The new system, which includes integrated central air conditioning, has an
> AprilAire filter system which uses a pleated paper element about 8 inches
> thick.

I will add a +1 for the AprilAire filter. We had been using the 3M Filtreet
1000 in the old furnace and had been happy with the clean air. But when they
installed the new furnace and AC they recommended the AprilAire. It is at least
as clean as the 3M's were and I only change it once a year, in November when
I also change the humidifier media.