Re: [Shop-talk] Does the ground ground?

To: JAMES STONE <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Does the ground ground?
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 21:53:20 -0600
James,

Possibly. It depends on what soil you have. If it is sand, then it is
not grounded well, but if it is clay that stays somewhat moist, then
yes, it is grounded. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. If you are
are concerned, add a GFCI at the house to monitor that circuit.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake JAMES STONE:
> I replaced a porch light today and discovered that it was only wired with 14-2
> wire without a ground.  Since the light pole is set in concrete and buried in
> the ground, is it grounded?  Just curious.

Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001
www.hornesystemstx.com