Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice, (it's shop related, really!)
From: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:23:44 -0500
eric@megageek.com wrote:
> WOW!  A ton of great advice!
>
> First, I can't believe how many people here are married 30+ years.

   I've only been married 8 years... but...

   My take on this is that getting married doesn't affect your shop time
NEARLY as much as having kids.

   I got a lot of shop time when we were first married, because she had
friends and hobbies and we enjoyed our own things and still had lots of
together time.

   Once you have kids though, when you are in the garage, she isn't
inside reading a nice book, she's got the kids to herself...

   If you follow my cars and projects, they don't end when I got
married, they end when we had kids!

   (but also when we had kids I sort of got more into boats, so that
limited my car tinkering excitement a fair bit as well...)