Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice (part 2 of 2)

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>, shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] relationship advice (part 2 of 2)
From: Shannah Miller <shannah@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 11:06:09 -0800 (PST)
--- "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net> wrote:

> Everyone I talk to, or shows on TV I've watched, say
> it's communications!!!!
> But you'll find that there are some things you just
> can't talk about.

I have only been married for 16 years, but
I think this is really true.  No matter how
much Ray and I try to discuss certain things,
we never seem to really understand each other.
We just do not discuss silverware, or tomatoes.

Later on in the email, you talk about flexibility,
John, and I think this is key.  This is not the
same as being passive, though.  I think that one
has to be assertive enough to discuss these things,
but easygoing enough to be able to find a win/win
solution, rather than having to have it their way.

Shannah