[Shop-talk] Timer Switches

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Timer Switches
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 16:58:11 -0400
Steven Trovato wrote:
> I use one of them for my bathroom fan too.  Works great.  Problem is
> that cranking a knob to turn on lights isn't going to cut it.  I want
> to retain my original toggle switch style, or very close.  Also,

I bought one of those, too ('bout $15 @ Lowes) because the wife would
leave for work and leave the bath fan running, exhausting all my
conditioned air and drafting in outside air long after it had done its job.

But I haven't gotten around to installing it.  I was wondering -- I'd
like to have the timer dial AND a regular toggle side by side in the
box.  Makes sense I can just wire the two in parallel.  Is there
anything in the electrical code or elsewhere that makes that prohibited,
or a Bad Idea?

   -Wayne