Re: [Shop-talk] Remote electric meter readout

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Remote electric meter readout
From: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:32:34 -0400
Doug Braun wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I always have electricity bills higher than I expect,
> and I've always wanted something that would tell me
> how much electricity my house was using at any given
> moment.  (Then I could tell if my air compressor or
> other shop tools were a significant contributor).

   Any clamp ammeter can be clamped around each circuit in your breaker
panel and will give current measurements for that circuit. I have used
my cheap chinese one extensively....

   Generally available on ebay for S.F.A, example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITAL-CLAMP-ON-AMMETER-82372_W0QQitemZ290167843730QQihZ019QQcategoryZ11704QQcmdZViewItem

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, trevor@boicey.com