Re: [Shop-talk] trimmer recommendations?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trimmer recommendations?
From: "Mike Frerichs" <shoptalk@centipi.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:59:19 -0500
I had a couple of Ryobi 2-stroke trimmers with the click-link attachments.
They were always hard to start and I'd get 1-2 years out of them before
something broke on the motor unit.  I got tired of that so about three years
ago I bought the Troy-Built 4-stroke unit from Lowe's and I love it.  It
always starts on either the first or second pull (provided I pumped the
primer bulb a few times).  I've had zero issues with it, and I found that
almost all of my Ryobi click-link attachments work with the Troy-Built motor
unit.  The only one that didn't was the edger -- the square drive shaft on
the edger seems to be shorter than the shaft on the other attachments, so it
doesn't quite engage the drive shaft on the motor unit.

Got rid of my Lawnboy recently so I'm done with breathing 2-stroke oil, and
I'm loving it!

Mike Frerichs

snip