Re: [Shop-talk] weedwacker tech

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] weedwacker tech
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 06:50:06 -0500
My son has convinced me that the way to keep any two cycle engine running
 well is to empty the tank when you are done and run the gas out of the carb.
 He says even using "Stabile" doesn't work....just running all the gas out.

this is what I do EVERY time.  I've got a Yazoo weed eater that I bought new
in 1980.  I can't kill it.
 When I'm thru with my trimming the gas gets poured back in the can and I run
it dry.  Hasn't failed
to start in all this time.  I do the same thing on my 4 cycle stuff too.  I've
added an inline fuel filter
and fuel cutoff on all my mowers, edgers, etc. (about 7 bucks per machine.
Every time I finish I cut
the fuel source as I'm pushing it back to the shed.. My 20 yr old Yazoo big
wheel will start on the 2-3
pull after sitting all winter.