Re: [Shop-talk] Wholesale Auto Parts (Otto? Otto parts?)

To: roadsters@hornesystemstx.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wholesale Auto Parts (Otto? Otto parts?)
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 18:37:42 -0700
>  I generally go
> to Discount Tire, about 25 miles away, but they sell me what
> I want and
> don't try to pile on other things that I don't want or need.

Sure sounds a lot different than the last time I went to Discount Tire.
They tried to refuse to honor the price shown in the paper; then tried to
jack the price up with services I didn't want; then tried to get away with
not doing the spin balancing I did want (and paid for).  The most amusing
part was when they insisted they didn't have any new metal valve stems; but
after I walked down the block and bought some, I saw a full box sitting on
the tire changer !

Randall