Re: [Shop-talk] Generators

To: <bwana343@aol.com>, <john.szalay@att.net>,
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Generators
From: "Karl Vacek" <kvacek@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:31:14 -0500
Seriously, there actually is a cheap solution.  There's a torch-welding
product that's been around for decades - when I saw and bought it in 1970 or
so it was called "Lumiweld".  It's not too hard to work with if you don't
mind the job looking sloppy, and it can be worked although it's nearly as
hard as steel.  You just need a propane or mapp-gas torch to melt it - you
could use it to attach a female aluminum coupling onto the head and then
reattach the muffler.

I saw some of this material at Home Dipstick a year or two ago - no idea
what it was called.

Karl