Re: [Shop-talk] cupped floor boards (was: Dishwasher - leaky pump)

To: "'Shop-Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] cupped floor boards (was: Dishwasher - leaky pump)
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:52:50 -0700
Yup, no question about waiting for the floor to dry.  I had no plans to do
anything for several months at least, especially since we are heading into
the moist season here in Seattle.  <Gulp>

There is no way to weigh the cupped sections down, short of screwing it
down.  The area extends 12 inches out from the cabinet fronts, by the sink,
dishwasher and four feet on the other side.

All of a sudden, hydronically heated tile is looking attractive in my
kitchen. <only partially tongue in cheek>

Oh, I ordered a Kitchen aid today; stainless interior, top of door controls,
very clean looking outside and a gazillion jets, jet levels etc. inside.
It's the high end of the Whirlpool line and there are no more selector
switches (Randall).  This seems like good, basic, higher end machine.  They
had one with a third shelf, a shallow top shelf for knives and utensils,
adjustable height second shelf, wine glass holders, etc., etc..  We stopped
short of that one.  Ours was under $700.  Expensive, but hopefully worth it.

Thanks again everyone.

Jack