Re: [Shop-talk] removing studs quickly

To: salbrigh@nycap.rr.com, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] removing studs quickly
From: LSAPEX@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:19:46 EDT
I've used an impact by holding my hand around the stud remover to  dampen the
blows.
An air ratchet works much better.

Les.

I  need to strip a dozen  aluminum heads for the scrap drive.

I  use a socket style stud remover with jaws inside to unscrew the 20
or so studs in each head.

but, they require a hand ratchet,  impact gun "bounces" or wibbles
back and forth and releases the jaws  , so the socket just spins.

what can I use for a power tool  that maintains constant pressure?

I have some electric drills,  but they dont have enough torque to spin
out the studs, unless i  pre-loosen them with the  ratchet.

thanks

Skip

Nothing is as it  appears
Skip Albright   salbrigh@nycap.rr.com